Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I'm not an Elephant" Chair

There are times when some things just blow my mind away, to clarify here it is:
 
 
 
See the big nail/pin on this chair?
How do you even sit on it?
Oh, wait,  it gets even better:
 
 
See the little tinsels hanging from this chair? Or the fabric?
Maybe if it was on an elephant, but this chair,oh right , two chairs, had me going.
So I had to buy them, my husband still doesn't know why I had to save them, and my little 4yr old girl wonders why I always have old chairs in the van?!? Who? Me?  
Here they are today:
 

 

 
First I removed all the nails and fabric, sanded down and primed the frame(oil base primer) and spray painted it the color of choice(orange). I chose orange for the frame to go with the orange detail on the fabric I used to reupholster the seat, I also replaced the foam on the seat.
 


 
 
I like the happy fabric and color and don't miss the tinsels and nails. What do you think?
 
 
 
Until next time,
 
Cheers for all the saved chairs out there!
 
Love,
Roza
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment