Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"The Gentleman"

And there's that one piece of furniture.
The one you are the most proud of just because you gave it a chance.
 
 
I call it "The Gentleman". It's a beautiful empire style dresser with age-defined honor and tradition which makes it timeless.
 

 
I found it at an auction. The body is solid, all wood, all the knobs are original glass ones. The veneer on the top was all bubbled up and had to be removed. I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these dressers for a long time so I took on the challenge and bought it. Removing the veneer was time consuming and dreadful, almost as much as putting up laundry if you ask me.  But it was so worth it.  
 

 
I used milk paint in Soldier Blue to paint the whole body except the drawers, sealed it with wood stain and poly in one, in dark walnut.  The drawers and knobs only needed cleaning up. It looks beautiful.
 









 
Available on my Etsy Shop
 
Here is the before just for fun
 


Until next project,
Enjoy your junktiques my friends.
 
Love,
Roza
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment